Recipes » Dump Recipes » Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak

Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak

fb iconpinterest iconpinterest iconlinkedin iconbuffer icon

Philly cheese steak sandwiches are a classic sub offering heaps of steak, onions, and peppers, smothered in a blanket of melted cheese. This recipe offers all of that and more…slow-cooker-philly-cheesesteak

We love this recipe because it can be thrown into the slow cooker in the morning and by the time we get home from work, the entire house smells like heaven. At that point, one must simply crank the oven onto broil, throw everything together on the bun, and in just a couple minutes’ time, dinner is served.

The best part is, you can use even the worst cuts of meat for this, because it simmers all day, and will be nice and tender by the time you get home.

slow-cooker-philly-cheesesteak

Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak

You’ll Need:
2 medium onions, halved and sliced
2 medium sweet red or green peppers, halved and sliced
1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into thin strips
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth (or homemade!)
6 hoagie buns, split
12 slices provolone cheese, halved
Pickled hot cherry peppers, optional
Mushrooms Optional

Place the onions, pepper, beef, soup mix, and broth in the slow cooker, cook on low 6 hours or so.

Arrange hoagie buns on a cookie sheet, spread the Philly cheesesteak filling over the buns, cover with cheese and broil for 2 minutes or so until it’s toasted and the cheese is melted.

Top with pickled hot peppers, if desired, and serve immediately with raw fries or chips.

This simple crockpot recipe makes for a really quick dinner in the evening and works great on tough cuts of meat.

© Can Stock Photo Inc. / sadakko

View More Crockpot Dump Recipes

View More Recipes

6 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak”

1. Wonderful. Thank you for the information. it looks so good.

I always need ways to make meat more tender I think this will do the trick. I love this site it is so helpful.:meatballs:

2. I love Philly cheese steak sandwiches but can never find one that’s just right. This looks like it going to be delicious. I can’t wait to try it out.

3. I can’t wait to try out this recipe! It looks so good! and I’m sure my hubby will like it too.
    We are not fans of cooking the frozen steak patties for philly sub sandwiches.

Leave a Comment